Saturday, May 19, 2012

National Garden Photographs

Photograph by Phyllis Wheeler
These photos are from a recent trip to the National Garden (part of the US Botanic Garden) on the Mall in Washington DC. You can see the top of the National Museum of the American Indian in the background of both the photo above and below.

Photograph by Phyllis Wheeler
 The rose garden is really beautiful and they incorporate some nice potted arrangements as well.

Photograph by Ben Wheeler
You can see the Capitol building in the left part of the background of this photo. In addition to the white wisteria growing up the concrete and metal arbor there is lilac wisteria further down the arbor and it smells wonderful.

Photograph by Ben Wheeler
Of all the rose pictures we took on this visit I like this one best. I'm thankful that my husband and I share a love of photography and that our nation has so many beautiful gardens to enjoy.

In case you're wondering, I am still doing the unplugged Sundays experiment.  It's been a bit challenging but rewarding too. I had planned to post a summary at the end but if you want me to post about it sooner let me know. Of course, I won't be on line tomorrow (it's Sunday) but I will be checking comments again on Monday.

What is your favorite garden? Have you ever done a technology fast? I love hearing from my readers! You can comment below or email me at lovejoypeas@gmail.com. May God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment