Saturday, March 2, 2013

First Daffodil of the Year Photos & Haiku (Short Poem)

This Saturday we saw our first daffodil bloom of 2013 on our walk through the Azalea collection at the U.S. National Arboretum. I love the yellow cheerful blooms of daffodils. Although it was a cold, gray day the daffodil sighting warmed my heart. Spring is on its way! I love how God uses the changing seasons to make me appreciate my favorite ones even more.

First Daffodil of the Year Haiku
Bright yellow petals
First daffodil of the year
Sunshine flower love

These three photos are of the same daffodil from different angles and with and without flash. It was the only daffodil blooming but there were also a host of snowdrops, crocus and cute little yellow flowers (maybe winter aconite?). 
Hope this little touch of spring brightened your day! May God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment