Friday, March 27, 2015

First Flowers of Spring and Floral Friday Post of 2015

Purple Crocus: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2015
Happy floral Friday and spring! Spring is my favorite season and I'm so glad it's here. I hope you enjoy this first of my 2015 "this week in my Maryland garden" posts.

Thank you to those who have continued to ask for flower photos. It's great to finally have fresh flowers to share again and it sure is nice to see them blooming in our yard. The crocuses are our first blooming bulbs. I love the vibrant purple in the ones pictured above.
Burgundy Hellebore: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2015
The hellebores are our first blooming perennials.  The burgundy are my favorite but the white (two photos down) are really pretty too.
Pretty Pansy: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2015
Most of the pansies did survive the winter, although they are not as robust looking as they could be. They will probably perk back up once the frosts are over, although that could be later than usual this year. It has certainly felt like a colder than average winter.
White and Green Hellebore: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2015
I like the red freckles on the inside of the white hellebore plants.
Purple pansy: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2015
The first pansy in this post (above) was planted in the ground. This purple pansy was in our deck box. The deck box pansies don't look near as healthy as the ones in the ground but I hope they'll perk back up too.

I wish you a happy Friday and weekend and a wonderful spring! May God bless you!

Related posts:
Wheelbarrow pansies: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2014/09/a-wheelbarrow-full-of-pansies-for.html
Daffodil, pansy and cyclamen: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2014/03/daffodil-pansy-and-cyclamen-flower.html
Pansy and spring poem: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2013/03/happy-spring-poem-crocus-and-pansy.html

No comments:

Post a Comment