Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Beautiful Birds in Snowy Maryland

Yellow finch post snowstorm: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2015
As promised in my last snowstorm related post, here are the best of my bird photos from the day after that heavy snowfall. I've had requests to renew my "Wild Wednesday" posts so decided to start today. Thank you to everyone who visits my blog and encourages my writing and photography! I appreciate your comments and support!

The yellow finch in the image above was leery of my camera pointing at it from the window but settled in and resumed feeding after a few seconds.
Post snowstorm bird on fence: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2015
I think this is a "junco" though I'm not sure which type. They visit frequently but tend to feed more on the ground droppings from the bird feeders than up on the feeders themselves so I don't get many pictures of them. Perhaps that's why I especially liked this one.
Post snowstorm mourning doves: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2015
These mourning doves truly stick together. Sometimes I suspect they see this bird feeder as their nest because they spend so much time in it.
Post snowstorm woodpecker: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2015
This suet cake feeder was really close to the window and it took quite a while for the woodpecker to let me raise the camera. The birds don't seem to mind me at the window (or even my cat!) but they don't like the camera.
Titmouse with seed in beak: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2015
The titmouse was the most suspicious and toughest to photograph of the birds featured in this Maryland snow blog post so even though it's a tad blurry I love that I caught him at all and especially with the fat seed in his mouth.

Which photo did you like best? What are your favorite birds? Do you feed the birds in your area? Are you excited that spring will be here soon? I sure am! May God bless you this springtime and always!

Related posts:
Hummingbirds by Anna: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2014/08/hummingbird-photos-by-anna-horner-for.html
Wet & wild birds: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2014/07/wet-wild-birds.html
Fish grabbing birds: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2012/04/fish-grabbing-bird-photos.html

No comments:

Post a Comment