Friday, October 23, 2015

Autumn Bonsai Flowers and Chrysanthemum Stone

Fall bonsai, flowers and viewing stone: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2015
Happy floral Friday! Today my dear husband and I enjoyed a trip to the National Arboretum for the opening day of their new Fall Bonsai Exhibit, located in their National Bonsai and Penjing Museum area. I am planning another post featuring my five favorite bonsai trees from this special event so come back soon if you'd like to see them.
Fall bonsai floral arrangement: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2015
I love this little (it was about 8" high and wide) autumn bonsai floral arrangement.
Fall ikebana flower arrangement: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2015
This seems more like an Ikebana floral arrangement than a bonsai to me. I appreciate that they incorporated autum flowers and foliage.
Fall mini floral bonsai: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2015
This tiny bonsai looked even prettier in person with autumnal orange petals and bright green centers.
Chrysanthemum viewing stone: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2015
They included a few viewing stones in the display too and I thought this chrysanthemum stone was perfect for our floral Friday theme.

I hope you are enjoying this beautiful fall season. May God bless you now and always!

Related posts:
2013 autumn bonsai trees: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2013/11/autumn-bonsai-exhibit-at-us-national.html
Arboretum fall foliage: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2013/11/fall-foliage-at-us-national-arboretum.html
Azalea bonsai: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2013/06/azaleas-of-old-japan-satsuki-bonsai.html

No comments:

Post a Comment