Monday, November 28, 2011

Amazing Berry Banana Smoothie Recipe





I'm doing this two week experiment of making healthy smoothies for lunch and dinner. This morning's smoothie was easy and delicious and a friend asked for the recipe so I thought I'd share here. Please note that I tend to just throw stuff in the blender so my quantities are estimates. Also I like my smoothies more liquid than thick so if you like yours thick use less water.

  • 1 cup fresh salad greens
  • 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
  • 1 1/2 cups water (divided)
  • 1 small banana
  • 1 packet Amazing Meal Vanilla Chai Infusion Dietary Supplement (powder)
Put first four ingredients in blender using 1 cup of water. Pour remaining 1/2 cup water over powder in blender. Blend until completely smooth. Enjoy immediately (add ice if you like).

3 comments:

  1. Next time I make this I'm going to double the greens. I couldn't taste them at all and they're super healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try some Kefir....Whole Foods and Shop N Save carry it....it will be in the dairy section.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip Larry. I'm actually doing an allergy elimination diet and dairy is one of the eliminated things but I can try it in about 2 weeks :)

    ReplyDelete