Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Flooded Blessings


"The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away.
Blessed be the name of the LORD." Job 1:21 NASB

Ironically, the week I finished reading "Simple Pleasures of the Home," a wonderful book of tips on making your home a more enjoyable place, was the same week we came home to three flooded rooms and a leaking hot water heater. In the midst of the immediate clean up and search for a plumber the phrase "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the name of the Lord." ran through my head and I knew that this situation was no where near what Job from the Bible went through when he uttered similar words. So God used this thought to help me be thankful in the midst of this inconvenience. We might not have had water for a day or hot water for a couple of days but we had God's love, a roof over our head, food, electricity and each other, just to name a few of our blessings.

It will be a long time before our house is back to it's normal state but I'll be working on remaining thankful for the blessings in our lives and keeping my eyes open for what other lessons God might have me to learn. I hope you and yours have a very happy Thanksgiving. May God bless you and keep you.

No comments:

Post a Comment