Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Healthy Chocolate Berry Banana Smoothie


This tasty yet healthy smoothie was absolutely delicious. It's the first one I thought was yummy enough to share since the Amazing Berry Banana Smoothie I posted the other day but even better than the taste was the increased mental clarity and energy I experienced after drinking it.

Please note that I tend to just throw stuff in the blender so my quantities are estimates. Also I like my smoothies more liquid than thick so if you like yours thick use less water.


  • 2 cups baby kale (you could substitute your favorite leafy green vegetable)
  • 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
  • 1 1/2 cups water (divided)
  • 1 small banana
  • 1 scoop chocolate pea and rice vegan dietary supplement (powder) by Thorne Research (or your favorite chocolate flavored smoothie powder).
Put first four ingredients in blender using 1 cup of water. Pour remaining 1/2 cup water over powder in blender. Blend until completely smooth. Enjoy immediately (add ice if you like).

I'd love to hear what you think if you try it!

2 comments: