Friday, September 11, 2015

Red, White and Blue Flowers and Haiku Poem for 9/11

Giant red zinnia flower: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2015
May God bless America and you too, dear friend.

It's September 11th and I don't feel right with my usual start to my floral Friday/this week in my Maryland garden post. But I do have a little haiku poem and some red, white and blue flower photos to share. Every day, I pray for our country and for God to thwart terrorists' plans. My heart aches for all those who lost loved ones in terrorist attacks. May God heal their hearts, comfort their pains and light their paths.
White zinnia in sunshine: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2015
Haiku Poem for September 11th
Nine one one... somber
day of reflection, mourning,
remembrance, prayer.
Blue salvia flowers: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2015
As heavy as my heart is, I still love flowers. And I'm thankful to have these red, white and blue ones to share with you.
Red salvia flowers: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2015
The red salvia just started blooming this week. Perfect timing.
Blueish Mexican bush sage: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2015
Someone mentioned how they like these "blue" Mexican bush sage flowers so I thought I'd include them here. Their petals are super soft, like pussy willows. I've loved them for a long time but this is the first year I've grown them.

Whatever is happening in your heart, mind and soul today, I pray that God will give you just what you need and bless you, America, and comfort all those who mourn.

Related posts:
National day of prayer: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2013/05/national-day-of-prayer-haikus-short.html
National Cathedral: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2014/04/national-cathedral-photos-and-good.html
Isaiah 40:31 prayer: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2012/04/isaiah-4031-prayer-for-you.html

No comments:

Post a Comment