Friday, March 17, 2017

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Green Orchid Photos and Haiku Poems

Irish Blessing Plaque: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2017
Happy St. Patrick's Day and floral Friday! The plaque in the photo above has this Irish blessing:

"May the road rise to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face
The rains fall gently upon your fields
And until we meet again
May God hold you in the palm of His hand"

This plaque hangs, year round, in our bedroom. I am a wee bit Irish, after all.
Green Orchid "cymbodium goeringii" : Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2017
I thought green orchids would be perfect for this St. Patrick's day post. The photos were taken at the U.S. National Arboretum in their Bonsai Museum. It's a great place to visit, any time of the year.
Green orchids rising: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2017
Back to St. Patrick's day. While praying and walking today, God gave me these two haiku poems.

St. Patrick's Day Haiku Poem I:
Saint Patrick was real!
He spread the gospel message
and loved our Lord God!

St. Patrick's Day Haiku Poem II:
He used shamrock leaves
to explain the Trinity:
Father, Son, Spirit.

Saint Patrick was a devoted Christian and I'm glad to celebrate his life by wearing green but I think loving God and serving others honor him best. 
Green orchids in pretty pot: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2017
The photo above is an overview of the green "cymbodium goeringii" orchids in their pretty pot. When I first saw the pot, I thought it was a pot of grass! But when I looked more closely I could see the orchid flowers.

Kittens love an unmade bed: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2017
Just in case you wondered what our kittens were doing on St. Patrick's day - they were relaxing. Every time I went to make the bed, a cat was on it. It's late afternoon and I still haven't made the bed,  but the day isn't over. But their kittenhood almost is - they will be a year old a week from today!

May God bless you and all you love!

How do you celebrate Saint Patrick's Day? 

Related posts:
My Favorite Funny Cat St. Patrick's Post: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2012/03/hilarious-happy-st-patricks-day-cat.html
More funny Irish cat photos: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2013/03/funny-st-patricks-day-photos-of-moose.html
Cute cats wearing the green: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2012/03/funny-st-patricks-day-cat-photos.html

Note:
This is not a sponsored or paid post. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment