Wednesday, May 22, 2013

My First Beaded Wire Ornament!

I've just finished my first beaded wire ornament. The kit was given to me by a local Freecycle member (thank you!) so it was a great, budget friendly way to try a new craft. My friend Janet does amazing beaded crafts and seeing her finished work was what first piqued my interest in the craft. The directions made it seem really easy but it was actually quite challenging.

My ornament doesn't look exactly like the box's sample but I had to use my hands (if I make any more of these I'll be buying wire jewelry pliers, for sure!) and found that if I didn't make extra twists in the wires the beads would just keep slipping off. So I improvised and, while my design isn't as tight, I still like it. Have you tried a new craft or hobby lately? I'd love to hear about it!

May God bless and keep you!

No comments:

Post a Comment