Sunday, December 11, 2011

Self Talk for Decluttering

 Open skies symbolize open spaces and openness to change. 
Photo by Ben W.

Decluttering is a way to love yourself, those with whom you live and those to whom you open your home. Here is some positive self talk for clearing your clutter.
  • I love clear, open spaces.
  • I am fully able to declutter my home (office, garage, etc.) and I understand that seeking help (if needed) is a sign of maturity and responsibility.
  • I bless others with the things I don't love, use or need.
  • I schedule time to declutter in reasonable blocks so that I make progress but am not overwhelmed.
  • I understand that things and memories are separate. 
  • I respect the storage capacity of my house; when things start to get overcrowded I thin out my belongings. 
  • I make decisions quickly and responsibly.
  • I choose to keep only what blesses my family.
  • I deserve a clean, organized and beautiful home.
  • Decluttering frees me to live the life of my dreams.
Note: Partially inspired by www.flylady.net and Maria Gracia's Nov. 13-19, 2011 Get Organized Now e-newsletter article titled Bring Out the Clutter Warrior in Yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment