Open skies symbolize open spaces and openness to change.
Photo by Ben W.
Decluttering is a way to love yourself, those with whom you live and those to whom you open your home. Here is some positive self talk for clearing your clutter.
- I love clear, open spaces.
- I am fully able to declutter my home (office, garage, etc.) and I understand that seeking help (if needed) is a sign of maturity and responsibility.
- I bless others with the things I don't love, use or need.
- I schedule time to declutter in reasonable blocks so that I make progress but am not overwhelmed.
- I understand that things and memories are separate.
- I respect the storage capacity of my house; when things start to get overcrowded I thin out my belongings.
- I make decisions quickly and responsibly.
- I choose to keep only what blesses my family.
- I deserve a clean, organized and beautiful home.
- Decluttering frees me to live the life of my dreams.