Photograph by Phyllis W.
Usually I call my favorite quotes from any given book "Book Notes" but seeing that I had exactly ten from author Shannon Ethridge's completely enjoyable book I couldn't resist this title. The quotes are in order that they appeared in the book. I photographed the book's cover before passing it on but the photo seems to have disappeared from my computer.
I chose this white rose picture to symbolize the purity of loving others because we love God. Love really is our highest calling!
- p. 13 “Am I doing all that I can to fulfill every dream God has for my life?”
- p. 14 “Is what you’re living for worth Christ dying for?”
- p. 27 “When we encourage people to live their best Christian life, we are being the best friend we can be. We are drawing them toward God’s love.”
- p. 47 (prayer) “Heavenly Father, Thank you for the many blessings You bestow upon us. We acknowledge there are many people in the world, some who have less, some who have more, who need to hear of Your saving grace. Give us favor with men and women from all walks of life, so that we can effectively draw them toward Your extravagant love. Amen.”
- p. 70 “‘Continually thinking of ways to encourage and spur one another (and ourselves) toward ‘outbursts of good deeds’ (Hebrews 10:24). Rather than waste our energies throwing stones at those who lack integrity, let us invest our energies in modeling integrity, as well as praising others who do the same.”
- p. 119 “Paul visited believers in order to encourage them and help them grow in the Lord (Acts 18:23).”
- p. 128 “As you seek to attract others to Christianity, remember that you’ll never do so by being legalistic about what Christians should and should not do. Forget the rules. Focus on relationships instead. Encourage people to center their lives around what really matters - cultivating a lifestyle of passion and purpose through an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ.”
- p. 129 “ Focus on the fact that Christianity is not about keeping rigid rules, but about keeping [God] first in our lives.”
- p. 132 “Love isn’t love unless it speaks the truth, and truth isn’t truth unless it’s spoken in love."
- p. 132 "Sincere love and genuine truth always go hand in hand.”