Monday, July 30, 2012

More Cute Cheetah Cub Photos

We went back to the zoo to see the cute baby cheetahs at the National Zoo again and friends have asked to see more pictures so here you go. I love how one of the cheetah's tongues is sticking out in the photo above.

All photos by me (any photos in any of my blogs are by me unless specified otherwise). The cheetah's handler said they're 13 weeks old, male and female and will be named after the fastest American male and female runners in this year's Olympics (I think in the 100 meter race).
 Baby cheetah running toward sibling cheetah.

 Cheetah cub enjoying the high ground advantage.

Baby cheetah cooling off in the shade. Not that they stayed still for very long. The cheetah cubs were an absolute joy to watch and now they're on view for the public most days at 10 am and 1 pm (for an hour each session), weather and cheetah cub health permitting. If you live near Washington DC these precious cubs are a must see. May God bless you!

2 comments:

  1. So darling! I'm really happy to hear they'll be named after the top US male and female in the 100 meter race -- very appropriate! Now let' hope the US takes 1st place in the 100 meters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anonymous Pam :) I totally agree! Go USA!!!

      Delete