Friday, July 24, 2015

Sunrise Zinnia, Pink Rose, Sunrise Dahlia, Joe Pye Weed and Funky Coleus Flowers

Sunrise zinnia: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2015
Happy floral Friday and welcome to "this week in my Maryland garden!" I'm not sure what kind of zinnia the one above actually is but I think of it as my sunrise zinnia and love its multicolored petals.
Bright pink rose: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2015
Our roses are still going strong although I've had to pick a few Japanese beetles off of them.
Magic sunrise dahlia 2: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2015
The Magic Sunrise dahlia is my current favorite although I do love all of the dahlias.
Joe pye weed buds: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2015
The joe pye weed flowers are just starting to open and should be covered in bees by next week.
Unique coleus flowers: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2015
I thought these coleus flowers were really unique and pretty. I usually cut all the flowers off of our coleus plants as soon as they appear (we grow them for the foliage) but I'm letting these remain because they're so neat.

Thank you for joining me on this week's mini garden photo tour! May God bless you!

What is your favorite photo from this week's post? Is there a flower I haven't posted that you'd like to see in the future? 

Related posts:
Funky flowers: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2014/09/flowers-freeloaders-and-funkiness-for.html
Sparkling and funky flowers: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2014/09/sparkling-chrysanthemums-dahlias-zinnia.html
Funky daffodil: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2015/04/pretty-pansies-periwinkle-forsythia-and.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment