Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Beautiful Swans at Thomas Point Park

So many beautiful swans: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2016
Happy wild Wednesday! This week I was treated to the amazing sight of a huge group of wild swans at Thomas Point Park in Anne Arundel County, Maryland. 
Graceful wild swans: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2016
I think this was my third visit to this hidden gem of a park and it was the first time I saw the swans.
Flapping swan wings: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2016
It seemed like they were aware of me watching them and the closer swans spent most of their time with their heads in the water so I felt really blessed to get this photo of a swan with its wings partially extended and body mostly out of the water.
Feeding swans: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2016
I love their graceful necks.
Gorgeous group of swans: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2016
It's amazing how much wildlife we can find even near large cities. I'm not sure if the swans are still there, and if they are, how long they'll remain but if you're a local, it might be worth a trip to see them. My understanding is that permits are required starting April 1st, they will cost $5 each and are limited to a certain number per day so March is a great time to visit. That's all for this wild Wednesday. May God bless you and yours!

Related posts:
Wild raccoon photos: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2014/07/wild-raccoon-in-national-arboretum.html
Black squirrel photos: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2016/02/black-squirrel-photos-haiku-poem.html
Cute critters on flowers: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2015/06/cute-critters-on-flowers.html

2 comments: