Saturday, October 1, 2016

My First Breakfast Cobbler - Quick & Easy Berry Delicousness

Yummy berry breakfast cobbler: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2016
This might just be the most delicous warm berry breakfast I've ever had! I'd been hearing how tasty Dr. Fuhrman's Blueberry Breakfast Cobbler recipe was and wanted to try it but didn't have the ingredients on hand so I made up my own (much simpler) version with what I did have. I'm glad I improvised because it was yummy and really fast and easy to make.

Here's how I made it:
  • 1 sliced banana
  • 1 cup frozen mixed organic berries
  • 1 tbsp raisins
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
Mix above in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute.
Stir, microwave one more minute, then add:
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Stir and cook for another 1.5 minutes.
Stir again and enjoy!

Related posts:
Chocolate berry smoothie: https://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2011/11/healthy-chocolate-berry-banana-smoothie.html
Easy blueberry pancakes: https://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2012/04/easy-blueberry-oatmeal-pancake-recipe.html
DIY sleep tea: https://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2013/08/diy-sleepy-time-tea-recipe.html

Notes: As far as I know, this recipe is vegan, gluten free and very healthy. There's also no added sugar (the fruit is definitely sweet enough). The measurements are approximate as I just did things by eye and not with measuring implements. I'm not an affiliate of Dr. Fuhrman and wasn't asked or paid to write this post. I am just a big fan of his nutritarian diet style.

No comments:

Post a Comment