Friday, August 31, 2012

Dragonfly and Butterflies on Flowers at the U.S. National Arboretum

Dragonfly on water lily photo by Phyllis Wheeler
Happy floral Friday and holiday weekend to you! My husband and I took these photos at the U.S. National Arboretum and we hope you enjoy them. I felt blessed to be able to capture this dragonfly on the water lily because the insect was moving around rapidly.

Butterfly on orange zinnia photo by Ben Wheeler
 A rare untattered swallowtail butterfly. Most of the ones I see are kind of raggedy (but still beautiful).

Future butterfly on white flowers photo by Ben Wheeler
This insect isn't yet a butterfly but hopefully will be soon. I liked how my husband caught the caterpillar wrapping itself around the flowers and stem of the plant in the herb garden section of the National Arboretum.

Butterfly on orange zinnia photo by Phyllis Wheeler
This butterfly looked more blue in person and was moving about even more rapidly than the dragonfly. Isn't God's creation amazing? May He bless you today and always!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! So easy on the eyes viewing these photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tom! As my hubby took some of these photos I'll pass your kind words on to him too :-)

      Delete