Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Yellow Finch Feeding on Black Eyed Susan Flowers for Wild Wednesday

Find the yellow finch
Happy wild Wednesday everyone! I was blessed to see this yellow finch feeding on one of our black eyed Susan plants. Can you find the finch in the overview photo above? What first caught my eye was the bird's movement. It took me a bit to realize it was a bird in the blooms. Close up photos are below. PS If you're viewing this directly on my blog you should be able to click any of the images to bring up a larger slideshow version of them all.

I love the little legs and claws on the yellow finch.

This bush is like yellow finch camouflage.

 The bird was just pausing between munches but I think of this as a peek-a-boo shot.

Here you can see the yellow finch digging for seeds. Hope you enjoyed this week's wild Wednesday photos! May God bless you!

4 comments:

  1. How beautiful. Your photography is outstanding. I've always seen that plant/flower, usually growing wild, but never knew the name of it, and that is my first glimpse of the yellow finch. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful. My wife and I just saw the same in our front where Black-eyed Susans are spreading far and wide. The finch was having a heyday munching on the seeds, easily for 10+ minutes. Great videos/pix I hope to post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael! If you post your pictures I'd love to see them :)

      Delete