Friday, November 23, 2012

Abundance: Day 23 of 30 Days of Thanksgiving

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change." James 1:17

Today I'm focusing on appreciating the abundance God has blessed me with. I skipped the traditional Black Friday early morning shopping. I used to do a whole detailed and organized (almost like a military campaign) shopping spree on Black Friday. Yes, it was crowded and crazy, but it was kind of fun and I got some great "deals." But, it seems, the more time I spend being thankful, the less stuff I apparently need, which is great because I'm also on a decluttering and simplifying mission.

I'm blessed with abundant grace (from God, including eternal life, forgiveness of sins, and adoption into His family), love (from my husband, family, friends and cats), food, books, makeup (it's fun!), flowers (fresh and faux; surprisingly, hubby managed to find two fresh roses in our garden today), clothes and more. In addition to being thankful for my abundance, I'm praying for those in need. Please join me in praying for the starving and hungry, the homeless, those without adequate clothing or protection, the lonely and suffering. May God provide for their needs, bless them and may He bless you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment