Sunday, December 22, 2013

Christmas at Longwood Gardens

Longwood Gardens' Christmas/Holiday decorating in their conservatory was even more amazing in person, but I hope you'll enjoy my mini virtual tour of the highlights. For me, the most spectacular sight was this huge fanciful floor decoration made from red and green apples. According to a Longwoods Garden brochure, the apples were floating in four inches of water. If you look closely there's also a chandelier type ceiling decoration filled with blooming orchids.
The conservatory was filled with Christmas-y floral delights. Topiaries, berries, and a wide variety of Christmas trees greet visitors from every angle.
Poinsettias, cyclamen and more adorn the pool around the fountains and coordinate with the Christmas tree in the background.
This was my favorite poinsettia photo from the trip. I liked the variegation in the petals and the little white flowers streaming down from another plant.
This is the view you get entering from the new wing of the conservatory. It gives you an idea of the size of the addition, although there are wings off to both the left and the right and the original conservatory isn't in the picture at all (in other words, it's huge). 

Which photo did you like best? What flowers say "Christmas" to you? I'd love to hear from you.

I wish you the merriest of Christmases, happiest of holidays and all the joy your heart can hold! I'll be praying for those for whom this is a most difficult time of the year. May God's peace fill your heart!

2 comments:

  1. I like the 2nd photo best. So colorful!
    My sincere Christmas wishes to you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michal! May God bless your journey in His service, your parenting and your studies!

      Delete