Thursday, May 22, 2014

Farewell Thayden Farrington, Great Man of God

Image source: Thayden's obituary
With a heavy heart, I bid an earthly farewell to a great man of God, father of some of the nicest young ladies on the planet and my brother in Christ, Thayden Farrington. Like Job from the Bible, Thayden remained strong in his walk with God, even after experiencing great personal loss and extreme health challenges. He truly lived the Christian life.

While those who love him grieve his passing, we know that he is with our Savior in heaven, free from the wicked pain of severely metastasized cancer and experiencing joy beyond our human imaginings. My mom pictures him "dancing with Jesus."

His viewing is tonight and while I won't be able to attend physically, I'll be there in spirit, praying for his family and all those grieving his passing. I wrote these two haiku poems in his honor.

Thayden Farrington
a great man of God and friend
We know you're with Christ.

Our hearts mourn for you.
Your passing is the world's loss.
We'll miss you, Thayden! 
 
May God comfort and bless all those who mourn Thayden's passing and may He bless you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment