Saturday, May 24, 2014

Yellow, Blue, Purple and White Irises from My Garden

Yellow Iris: Copyright © by Phyllis Wheeler, May 2014
Here's the special iris flower photo post I promised in yesterday's Floral Friday feature. The yellow irises are my favorite (both because of their color and sweet scent) but I like all of our irises.
Blue Irises: Copyright © by Phyllis Wheeler, May 2014
 I think of these as blue irises but my visitors have proclaimed them both purple and violet.
Purple, White and Yellow Iris: Copyright © by Phyllis Wheeler, May 2014
We have just a few of these neat multicolored irises. We have a few that have the reversed colors (primarily purple-blue with hints of white and yellow) but their brief bloom time passed without a photo this year.
White Irises: Copyright © by Phyllis Wheeler, May 2014
The white irises are the first to bloom in my Maryland garden. This picture was taken on May 9th but the rest were taken this week.
Unique Iris: Copyright © by Phyllis Wheeler, May 2014
Hope you enjoyed this little photo tour of my irises. What is your favorite color iris?

Praise God, the creator of all that lives, including beautiful flowers. May He bless and keep you, dear friends!

Related posts:
Spring flowers (includes irises): http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2012/03/fresh-spring-flowers-this-week-in-my.html
Blue iris flowers: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2012/04/first-blue-irises-of-2012.html
Aquatic Irises: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2012/05/flowers-at-kenilworth-aquatic-gardens.html



No comments:

Post a Comment