Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Blizzard Birds for Wild Wednesday

Yellow finch in blizzard: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2016
Happy wild Wednesday! As promised in Saturday's post, here are more bird pictures from during the blizzard. While you can't see the snow in the top photo, it's my favorite because of how soft the golden finch's feathers look.
Dark eyed junco in blizzard: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2016
All of the photos in today's post were taken through windows. I wish I could have gotten a better angle so you could see the dark eyed junco's eyes better but they were as dark as his head feathers.
Blizzard bird with seed in mouth: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2016
This is another dark eyed junco. I lightened the picture considerably so you could see its eyes. I like that she has a seed in her beak.
Snow beaked blizzard bird: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2016
I think this is a Carolina wren. He's got snow all over his beak from pecking at the fallen seeds.
Snowtop feeding blizzard bird: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2016
I'm glad the birds were quick to eat the fallen seeds because the snow fell so fast that they were quickly buried. We feel blessed to be able to feed our feathered friends year round but especially during harsh weather conditions.

The plows are still working on the roads but life seems to be getting back to normal here in Maryland. We were really blessed to retain our power throughout the storm. It went out for a little bit today but it's back on and I'm thankful for that too.

May God bless you and those you love!

Related posts:
Maryland blizzard photos: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2016/01/my-maryland-blizzard-photos.html
Snowmen & post blizzard photos: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2016/01/snowmen-and-post-blizzard-walk-photos.html
Tiger cubs in snow: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2014/02/baby-tigers-playing-in-snow-photos.html

2 comments:

  1. Do you use RAW mode? I find it's much easier to adjust a picture if recorded in this way. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point, Froobs :) I took these with a point and shoot though, so not an option on that camera.

      Delete