Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A Butterfly, a Bee and a Bunch of Beautiful Flowers From My Maryland Garden

 I thought I'd celebrate the closing of July with a photo walk around our garden. Hope you enjoy my photos! Above is a double day lily. It has various shades of orange and the butterflies love it even though there wasn't one on it when I ambled by.
The bees have been going crazy over our marigolds. 
Butterflies have been enjoying our rose of Sharon (above), black eyed Susans, echinacea, lantana, zinnia, impatiens and more. Some days it seems the yard is filled with butterflies.
Above is one of our black eyed Susan plants. The ones in the sunny front yard do better than the ones in the shady back yard but the birds seem to enjoy the back yard ones more while the butterflies enjoy the front yards more.

So those are the highlights of our Maryland garden on an end of July hot and sunny afternoon. I hope you had an excellent July and wish you an even more excellent August! May God bless and keep you!

No comments:

Post a Comment