Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Lime Green Tropical Health Smoothie (Vegan)


We had some extra fresh squeezed orange juice so I thought I'd try a tropically inspired smoothie this morning. Please note that I tend to just throw stuff in the blender so my quantities are estimates. Also I like my smoothies more liquid than thick so if you like yours thick use less water and/or juice. Here's the recipe. 

  • 2 cups fresh baby kale (or greens of your choice)
  • 1 cup orange juice
  • 1 small banana 
  • 1 cup frozen pineapple (or use fresh and add a few ice cubes)
  • 1 scoop vegan vanilla pea-rice protein powder (or supplement of your choice)
  • 1/2 cup water
Put first five ingredients in blender. Pour 1/2 cup water over powder in blender. Blend until completely smooth. Enjoy immediately (add ice if you like).
Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens' Smoothie Sailing recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment