Photograph by AnitaPatterson
"A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life." The Dalai Lama
Here are a few tips to create a loving atmosphere in your home.
- Pray and worship God together.
- Make kindness the norm and treat each other with respect at all times.
- Hug each other more often. Small acts of affection build a loving atmosphere.
- Smile more often. I especially aim to always greet and leave my husband with a smile (and a kiss) - even when I'm just departing for another part of our own home.
- Make time to have fun together. Those happy memories enhance a loving atmosphere.
- Create a family bond boosting motto and have fun using it regularly (it can be as simple as "Team [Your Last Name]."
- Ensure that each member of your family is represented in the decor.
- Celebrate each others' successes and uniqueness.