Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Dogs and Bees at the U.S. National Arboretum

Frontal bee detail: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2014
Happy wild Wednesday! Earlier this month I enjoyed a walk in the U.S. National Arboretum and saw these cute bees and dogs. I hope the photos make you smile.
Cute little fluffy dog: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2014
I wanted to pet this cute little dog and ask its human what breed he was but they walked in the other direction before I got the chance (I used my zoom to get the photo). 
Bee on bicolor marigolds: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2014
This bee was parked on top of two pretty, mostly red, bicolor marigolds. 
Faithful guard dog: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2014
And this adorable dog was keeping watch while her humans slept. I love how she's got one ear up.
Bee on yellow wildflower: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2014
These bees were really fun to photograph so I had to include one more image.

That's all for this week's wild Wednesday feature. Which was your favorite photo from today's post? Do you have a favorite dog or bee memory to share? I'd love to hear it! May God bless you!

Related posts:
Cute skirted dog: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2012/03/cherry-blossom-dog.html
Cute bunnies: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2012/09/cute-yard-bunny-photos-for-wild.html
Bentley the dog: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2012/04/pictures-of-bentley-my-new-dog-friend.html

4 comments:

  1. I love the bright, rich red marigolds! The edges dipped in yellow provide contrast to each flower. Thx for sharing the beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Richard! It's a blessing to have the National Arboretum open for all to enjoy, for sure.

      Delete
    2. Love the frontal of the bee! You are more daring than I :)

      Delete
    3. Thank you, Sylvia! I was really pleased with that photo. No bravery needed there though. The bees weren't interested in me; just the flowers.

      Delete