Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Vegan Melted Savoy Cabbage With Herbs

Photo by Kakisky
I saw the Melted Savoy Cabbage with Herbs recipe on page 158 of the May 2012 issue of Good Housekeeping and wanted to make a vegan and dairy free version. I haven't made it yet but want to pass the magazine on to a friend so am posting my proposed recipe here for future use. I'll post a comment when I make it but if you beat me to it please let me know what you think and if you modify it please share what you did. Thank you and enjoy!

Vegan & Dairy Free Melted Savoy Cabbage With Herbs Recipe

Ingredients:
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1 head savoy cabbage, cored and thinly sliced
1/2 cup water
1/4 tsp salt
3 green onions, thinly sliced
1 tbsp fresh tarragon leaves, finely chopped
1/8 tsp pepper

Directions:
  1. Heat oil on medium in a 5 quart sauce pot, add the small onion, cooking and stirring for 3 minutes.
  2. Stir in the cabbage, water and salt and then reduce heat to medium-low.
  3. Cover and cook 15-20 minutes or until cabbage is very tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
  4. Stir in the green onions, herbs and pepper.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment