Saturday, June 9, 2012

Dazzling Day Lilies

My husband and I braved the heat today for a short walk in the U.S. National Arboretum and we were thrilled to find their day lily garden blooming with a nice variety of day lily flowers. It looks like this is just the beginning, so if you live in the area you should have a few weeks to enjoy the day lily show. Above is a nice red day lily with a yellow center.

 Here's a pure bright yellow day lily.

 A nicely contrasted day lily close up photo (macro).

 Here's a rare double bloom day lily flower in a nice peach color with hints of yellow.

I wish I could have gotten a better photograph of this striking day lily. It was more striking in person. There was a couple canoodling on the grass nearby so I didn't spend much time on this photo but the flower was really beautiful.

If you enjoyed this post you might enjoy some of my other U.S. National Arboretum photo tours, such as the amazing azalea walk,  fun herb demonstrations in the National Herb Garden and rainy foliage on Earth Day.

May God bless you this weekend and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment