Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Pink, Purple and Blue Flowers: This Week in My Maryland Garden

This is the first week our spirea (at least that's what I think it is) has bloomed this year in our Maryland garden. All of the blooms are pink but usually it has white flowers too so hopefully we'll see those later this season.
 This is one of our new additions and our first Veronica plant. It looks more blue in person.
This is the same echinacea (coneflower) flower I photographed last week but it looks a lot more pink now, which is great. You might have noticed that I cut off the bottom of the bottom petals in both photos. That's because something nibbled on them and I thought the un-nibbled parts looked nicer.

Here's our first buddelia (butterfly bush) bloom of 2012. I planted a few seeds from this bush a week or two ago and they've already sprouted so I'm hoping we'll have 3-5 more of these butterfly attracting plants blooming before fall.

Hope you enjoyed this week's flower photos. May God bless you!

What's blooming in your area this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment