Friday, May 15, 2015

Irises, Pansies, Begonias and a Rose with Tiny Bees

Pale purple iris: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2015
Happy floral Friday and welcome to "this week in my Maryland garden!" The irises and roses have started blooming and I think they look especially pretty with raindrops on their petals.
Burgundy & yellow pansies: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2015
Most of my neighbors have already pulled up their pansies but as long as they look great we're letting ours stay. I did plant other flowers in between the rows of pansies though so once they start to fade there will already be established plants in their area.
Creamy yellow rose with bees: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2015
This pale yellow rose, which I think is a knockout rose, smells lovely and the bees (even the teeny tiny ones in the photo above) seem more drawn to it than our other roses. It was also the first to start blooming this year.
Deep purple blue irises: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2015
These deep purple/blue irises smell lovely too. The only iris we have that smells nicer is our giant yellow and that one's just starting to bud. Maybe next week I'll have a yellow iris photo to share.
Yellow nonstop begonias: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2015
This is my first ever nonstop begonia. The largest flower is almost four inches across. I wish I'd asked the nursery worker what they used for fertilizer because the new blooms coming in are much smaller. But they're still a lovely yellow which brightens up a shady corner of our side yard, which I appreciate. That's all for this week's post. I hope you enjoyed my flower photos and pray that God will bless you this spring and always!

Which photo(s) did you like best? What's blooming in your area?

Related posts:
Yellow irises: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2014/05/yellow-blue-purple-and-white-irises.html
Kenilworth irises: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2012/05/flowers-at-kenilworth-aquatic-gardens.html
Iris  buds: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2012/04/tulips-fire-poker-lilies-japanese-maple.html

No comments:

Post a Comment