Friday, May 8, 2015

Lilacs, Azaleas, Dianthus and Dahlias for Floral Friday

Lilac blossoms: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2015
Happy floral Friday and welcome to this week in my Maryland garden! Last week's post featured our old fashioned lilac and this week I decided to lead with our reblooming lilacs. They are absolutely covered in flowers right now. The last photo in this post has another photo of them from a little further away. If we are blessed, we'll have blooms trickling in through early fall.
Hot pink azalea: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2015
We have five azalea bushes and they're at peak this week.
Magenta dianthus: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2015
This dianthus survived an early spring transplant from our window box to the ground.  We might have gotten earlier flowers had we left it where it was but I wanted to try a new window box arrangement this year and it seems happier in the ground.
Yellow dahlia, pansies and tulips: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2015
The pansies are still looking nice but I got a great deal on some miniature dahlias so I planted a row of them in between the pansies. The tulips have passed but I'll leave their foliage up for a while to gather nutrients for next year's blooms.
Reblooming lilac: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2015
This is definitely peak week for the lilacs. What is your favorite spring flower?

Hope you enjoyed my garden photos. May God bless and keep you!

Related posts:
Raindrops on roses and more: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2014/05/raindrop-drenched-rose-cosmos.html
Dahlias and dianthus: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2014/08/four-dahlias-and-dianthus-for-floral.html
Mandevilla, dianthus & more: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2014/05/mandevilla-roses-dianthus-and-petunias.html

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers! Lilacs remind me of my grandmother's house. She always had a bush growing near her bedroom window. Those spring/summer days when the wind carried the scent into the room during naptime, I can still remember them. Thank you for sharing these. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely memory, Kay! Thank you for sharing!
      My mom grew lilacs and they remind me of her.
      May God bless you and your family!

      Delete