Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Brookside Gardens' Wings of Fancy Butterfly Exhibit

Butterfly resting with open wings: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2015
Happy wild Wednesday! My dear husband took me to Brookside Gardens' Wings of Fancy butterfly exhibit and we had a great time watching these beautiful creatures dance all around us. 
Bright green butterfly Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2015
They have a great variety of butterflies and many were active but some rested too.
Butterfly feeding on lantana: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2015
Some, like the one above, fed on the many beautiful flowers in the exhibit.
Open-winged butterfly: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2015
It was like a giant indoor butterfly garden with local and exotic butterflies.
Artistic butterfly on leaf: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2015
This is one I've seen in my own garden but never on such a big, pretty leaf before.
Human-butterfly bonding: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2015
Of course, the best part is if one of these beautiful butterflies lands on you. This kind man let me take his photo with the butterfly on his shoulder. The big butterfly stayed on his shoulder for at least 5 minutes too.

Usually at least one lands on me but I'd used some strongly scented peppermint hand sanitizer and I guess that serves as butterfly repellent and I didn't notice any this visit. I'll be sure to be peppermint free if we go next year.

Hearty thanks to my husband for taking me, to my new friend for allowing his photo to be taken and to the volunteers who staff the butterfly exhibit! May God bless them and may He bless you too!

Related posts:
Dragonfly & butterflies: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2012/08/dragonfly-and-butterflies-on-flowers-at.html
Butterfly blessings: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2014/01/happy-new-year-blessings-butterflies.html
Butterfly art: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2012/10/butterfly-art-by-denise-arvaneh.html

No comments:

Post a Comment