Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Floral Signs of Spring: This Week in My Maryland Yard

My husband bought the brightly colored annual flowers (above) this past week and popped them in a pot to brighten our front yard.

 Periwinkle (aka vinca) are in full bloom all over the shady areas of our yard (as you can see we didn't quite rake all the leaves up yet but I think it makes the bright green stand out even more so it's all good).

This isn't technically a good photo but I like how the daffodil seems to glow. It's a cream petaled daffodil with a yellow center.

Crocuses have been blooming for weeks so I'm not sure how much longer they'll be blooming this year. We've planted some crocus bulbs in our lawn and won't mow over them until the foliage has time to die back and rejuvenate the bulbs for next year's blooms.

 Tulip foliage pokes through the soil (and the bare soil reminds me that we need to lay down some mulch in the flower beds).

Old fashioned bleeding heart foliage bursts through the soil. It won't be too long until the bush is 2-3' high and blooming with it's lovely pink and white flowers.

It really looks and feels like spring here in Maryland. I even went barefoot outside for a few  minutes today. I absolutely love spring! May God bless you this springtime and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment