Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Happy Spring! Floral Photos: This week in My Maryland Yard

Happy spring, dear readers! I took all of these photos today on this first day of spring, 2012. Can you believe our first tulip is blooming today? It seems so early but I don't mind at all. I think this is an Angelique tulip. We saw them in the U.S. National Arboretum and had to try them in our yard. The Arboretum's were much taller and pinker but it's still neat to have them in our own yard.

Here's a lovely  primrose with raindrops on its petals.

We do have forsythia in our yard but no sweet gum trees and I thought the combination was uniquely beautiful. The photo was taken on my "celebrating the first day of spring" walk today. I thought about changing the title of the post to "This Week in My Maryland Neighborhood" but because "This Week in My Maryland Yard" is a regular blog feature I kept with the tradition.

 This is a neighbor's bi color daffodil. We have some of these too but theirs looked better.

And this is the same tulip as the first picture only I cut it, popped it in a tiny vase and added it to my inspirational arrangement on my dining room table. It's amazing how changes in light, location and angle can make a flower look so different. We'll have more tulips outside but I wanted one inside to symbolize and celebrate this first day of spring. May God bless you this springtime and always dear friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment