Saturday, March 31, 2012

Don't Waste Your Trials

Photo by PatriciaEGreen
Just read Don't Waste Your Cancer by John Piper. You can download this free Christian resource (it's an 18 page booklet) here. It was written by Pastor John Piper on the eve of his prostate cancer surgery.

When I first read the title I was a bit shocked. It seemed insensitive. But usually John Piper's writing inspires, enlightens or encourages me in my Christian walk so I decided to read it, thinking more about whether I would use it as a resource for others than for myself but it turns out that I benefited from it after all.

When reading this booklet you could replace "cancer" with any affliction/trial that you are personally facing so it really applies to all Christians. I've been having some health challenges (not as serious as cancer) so I replaced "cancer" in the reading with "health challenges" and there were some eye openers for me. I hope if you read the booklet that you will be encouraged and challenged in your Christian faith. If you would like me to pray for you I'd be glad to do so. Just comment below or email me at lovejoypeas@gmail.com.

May God bless you and may you feel His loving presence in your life today.

Sources: 


No comments:

Post a Comment