Monday, March 19, 2012

Washington DC Cherry Blossoms and Monuments Photos

Jefferson Memorial Photo by Phyllis Wheeler
The Washington DC Tidal Basin cherry blossoms are beautiful and appearing very early this year. My beloved husband and I enjoyed a visit yesterday. The skies were overcast but we hope to visit again on a sunnier day and get better photos. Just in case we don't I thought I'd share these.

Washington Monument Photo by Phyllis Wheeler
If you live within driving distance it's really a great treat to see this area in full bloom. The National Park Service coordinates parking and even offers a shuttle from some of the more distant areas so people don't have to walk for an hour just to get to the Tidal Basin area but even the parking area is filled with blooming cherry trees so it's not a bad way to pass the time (walking amidst the trees to get to the main attraction) if you're healthy and fit.

Martin Luther King Jr Memorial Photo by Ben Wheeler
My husband caught a rare glimpse of blue sky in this photo. Today would be a perfect day for viewing the blooms as the skies are a beautiful blue but Ben is working and the housework won't do itself. I still got to enjoy some cherry blossoms in my own neighborhood though and that was a nice treat. May God bless you and may you enjoy the fruits of His handiwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment