Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day Poem & Wishes

 

Photo by bluekdesign

Happy Father's Day to fathers and father figures everywhere! May God bless you, equip you to be the great father He wants you to be and give you wisdom and strength for your fatherhood journey. May your children show their respect, love and appreciation for you. To all those who have lost their earthly fathers, may they feel their heavenly Father's comfort today and may their happy memories be a balm to their souls. 

I was blessed to be able to have a nice long chat with my own father today. I wish I could have hugged him, as I do every time I see him (which is rare because we live so far apart).  If you are within hugging distance of your father I urge you to hug him and tell him you love him. Even if he's a tough macho guy and you don't think he wants to hear it. Deep inside I bet he'll be thankful. 


A Wise Father: Father's Day Poem

 Thank you for being a strong man 
A good man
One who showed me I can
Thank you for being there then
For being there now
For being there when
It's a wonderful feeling
To know you love me
For all eternity
Whether I am rich or poor
Strong or weak
For evermore
The things you've taught
Were not for aught
It's your wisdom I've sought
It's your words that helped me
Make the right decisions
And become who I was meant to be.

Poem written by me and originally published at www.associatedcontent.com on May 7, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment