- Remove everything from the bin, loosely sorting into categories and putting things that belong somewhere else in a basket
- Clean the bin
- Firm up the categories (the categories I ended up with that went back in the bin were writing implements, paper [sticky notes and notepads], staples, clips - we keep full sized paper on a bookshelf in the office and printer cartridges and software have their own cubes); there were also things for the donation bag)
- Put rubber bands around categorized items as appropriate (loose writing implements together, paper together etc.). My hope is that this will help the categories stay categorized more easily but I'm not the only one using the bin, so we'll see how that works as time passes.
- Put the categorized keepers back in their new homes
- Enjoy the newly organized space!
So, after a few days of using the newly organized office supply cube I'm happy with the results. It was definitely worth the time it took to clear the clutter and make things easier to find.
May God bless you and those you love!
Desk organization: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2013/02/16-minute-desk-decluttering-project.html
Self talk for clutter busting: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2011/12/self-talk-for-decluttering.html
My home vision: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2013/02/my-home-vision-new-series-on.html