Friday, August 29, 2014

Dew Drops, Bees and Pretty Flowers

Dewdrop covered hot pink rose: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2014
Happy floral Friday and welcome to "this week in my Maryland garden!" Today's post includes flower photos from two different sessions. One in the cool of the morning while the flowers were still drenched in dew and one in the heat of the afternoon with bright sun and buzzing bees.
Dewdrop covered evening primrose: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2014
It amazes me that the evening primroses do so well because my husband's always pulling them out but I'm glad they are tough because I enjoy their delicate pink and white flowers.
Bee on red coreopsis: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2014
I loved how the bee tipped up the petal of this red coreopsis flower so we can see the pretty underside, which is more of a creamy yellow with red striping.
Bee on purple coneflower: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2014
 And this bee enjoyed buzzing from coneflower to coneflower.
Artistic rose: Copyright © Phyllis Wheeler, 2014
I thought this was my most artistic flower photo of the week but I'm not sure whether I like this super close up rose photo or the dewdrop rose photo better. Which do you prefer?

Praise the Lord for creating such beautiful flowers and creatures! May He bless and keep you!

Related posts:
Raindrops and roses: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2014/05/raindrop-drenched-rose-cosmos.html
Raindrops and flowers: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2014/08/chrysanthemum-obedient-plant-tithonia.html
Shiny wet flowers: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2014/06/zinnia-vinca-coreopsis-geranium-and.html

No comments:

Post a Comment