Friday, August 2, 2013

Kisses From Katie: A Story of Relentless Love and Redemption - Book Review

Image source: Amazima.org
When it was first published I read an interview with Katie Davis and was so inspired by that little view into her ministry I knew I'd have to read her book, Kisses From Katie: A Story of Relentless Love and Redemption. Katie wrote the book with Beth Clark and the book was amazing. I laughed and cried and was completely humbled by Katie's love for Jesus and His Ugandan children.

Katie's great love is not just in word but in action. She takes in countless children, picks jiggers from their skin, treats them for scabies, cleans their infections and wounds and, for some, shows them the only love they've ever experienced on this earth. This true story is well worth reading. Seeing the world through Katie's eyes made me want to live even more for Jesus.

A weird but welcome result of reading the book for me is that it's made it easier to declutter. I'm blessed with such abundance while there are people on this planet dying for lack of food. My little part is to donate this extra stuff and pray that it will actually be used to help the less fortunate. I thank God for Katie's beautiful heart for Him and for the people He's put in my path to shine His light on me. I pray that I might shine His light on others.

My mother, who has done some short term mission work herself, raved about the book and also enjoyed it. If you read it, I'd love to hear what you think about it too.

May God bless Katie Davis, her Amazima ministries, her precious children and may He bless you too!

Disclaimer: This post is my own opinion and I wasn't asked or paid to write it. I am not affiliated with anyone mentioned in the post except as a voluntary donor.

No comments:

Post a Comment