Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Love Saves the Day - Book Review

I saw Gwen Cooper's Love Saves the Day on the "new books" shelf at the library and had to read it. Between the title (who doesn't want love to save the day?), the cute cat and the description on the back of the book I was hooked.

I especially enjoyed Prudence the cat's perspective. The story was fantastic and I'd recommend the book to all cat lovers. I did find myself skimming bits here and there (more so when the story was told from the humans' perspective) but found myself laughing and crying and really loved Ms. Cooper's "first beautiful thing" concept.

A line that resonated with me was "Laura tried to wear logic like an armor (page 175 of the large print edition)." Maybe because I know certain folks who do just that and the words clicked. But my favorite concept from the book (besides all the lovely cat observations) was the aforementioned "first beautiful thing" concept. I don't want to spoil the book so I won't go into detail on how it was used there but really, aren't we all occasionally asked about our first memories? And for people with traumatic childhoods... just having the question asked can be painful. But, now I can ask - what is your first most treasured memory? What is your first beautiful thing? And that should only bring smiles.

Thanks for reading my little review. May God bless you!

Related posts:
Christmas Cat Book Review: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-cat-who-came-back-for-christmas.html
Funny Easter Cats: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2013/03/funny-easter-cat-photos-happy-easter.html
Funny St. Patrick Cats: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2013/03/funny-st-patricks-day-photos-of-moose.html

No comments:

Post a Comment