Friday, March 28, 2014

My First Zentangle & Free Zentangle Resources

I borrowed Zentangle Basics by Suzanne McNeill, CZT from my local library and today I made my first Zentangle. I'm sure I'd have had better results if I'd used the supplies she recommended and actually read the little book instead of just jumping in to the craft but it was fun (and that was the point of today's Zentangle). I used a Uniball vision micro pen and a black Sharpie marker. I'm not sure if I will add to it or just start another but I can definitely see the appeal of this "creative Artform where all you need is paper, pencil and pen."

Want to learn about or try some Zentangles? Here are two free Zentangle resources (not everything on these sites is free but there's enough free stuff to make it worth sharing):
  1. Suzanne McNeill, CZT's blog has a "Zentangle of the Week," some fun examples and ideas
  2. The official Zentangle website has a blog with more fun examples and ideas and their motto is "anything is possible... one stroke at a time."
Have you Zentangled? What kind of art do you enjoy? May God bless you and everything you set your hands to do!

Related posts:
Butterfly art by Denise A: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2012/10/butterfly-art-by-denise-arvaneh.html
My first beaded wire ornament: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2013/05/my-first-beaded-wire-ornament.html
Free inspirational art: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2013/02/never-one-free-inspirational-art.html

No comments:

Post a Comment