Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Farewell, Aunt Neva: Tribute and Poems

Adorable Aunt Neva
It is with a sad heart that we bid an earthly farewell to aunt Neva. She is my aunt through marriage but she treated me as though I was her own daughter. She was brilliant, hospitable, funny and kind and will be missed by all who knew her. 

Haiku Tribute to Aunt Neva
Poem I
Farewell aunt Neva
Our hearts ache for your passing
You've left us too soon

Poem II
Your beautiful smile
and gracious soul have blessed us
May you rest in peace
Adorable Neva, Maribel and Drummond
 As you can see, Neva was an adorable child and loved by her family.
Neva in plaid with family
Her beautiful smile is the attention getter in the family photo above. Her beautiful heart blessed her family with great love.
Neva in stripes with family
Although as time passed, family gatherings became rarer, they were always precious. I am very thankful for the time I got to spend with her and hope to see her in heaven one day. May God comfort and bless all those mourning aunt Neva and may He bless you, too.

Note: I'm not sure who took the photos in this post but they are used with a family member's permission. If you know who I should credit the photos to, let me know and I'll be glad to adjust the captions.

No comments:

Post a Comment