Monday, July 21, 2014

My Simplifying Home 8 Week Journey: Week 3, day 7

Above is the "after" photo of our silverware/gadget drawer and below is the "before." The after still needs a bit of work (I don't think we need three vegetable peelers or any plastic spoons) but I promised my husband that I wouldn't give anything away without his approval (he's our chef and the kitchen is his domain).

The old, ugly red square thing helps me open jars. I want to find a prettier one and find a better place for it. But overall, the 27 minutes spent on the drawer (including hand washing the bins/organizers, cleaning spills, clutter clearing, organizing and relocating items that belong elsewhere) were well worth it. This was the second of my MITs for the week; the first was the kitchen counter. The third was my "command center" drawer (formerly known as a junk drawer) and I'm thrilled to say that all three areas got tackled this week.
I can't believe week three of my Simplifying Home challenge is already coming to a close. Week four starts tomorrow for me and we move from the kitchen to the bathroom.

Considering that it's only been three weeks, I've had quite a few health setbacks and injuries and I have wondered if perhaps God was trying to tell me something. But I prayed on it and feel like I should just continue doing what I'm able to do and let go of the rest, at least for now. I might try the whole thing again, Beginner Beans style, in January or develop my own challenge.

Identifying my three most important tasks (MITs) for each week is very helpful. I feel like it's an accomplishment to just get those done and anything else is a bonus. It helps that I already have established some of the habits she's asking people to explore (for this week that would include buying fresh produce and filtering my water) as that cuts down on the length of the list of things to complete.

Thank you for joining me and thank you to Trina of Beginner Beans for making her Simplifying Home challenge a free resource. May God bless you and Trina too!

What in your kitchen needs organizing the most? How about your bathroom? What was the most rewarding organizing or clutter clearing project you've ever done?

Source:
www.beginnerbeans.com

Related posts:
Week 1, day 1: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2014/07/my-simplifying-home-8-week-journey-week.html
Week 2, day 7: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2014/07/my-simplifying-home-8-week-journey-week_14.html
Week 3, day 3: http://lovejoyandpeas.blogspot.com/2014/07/my-simplifying-home-8-week-journey-week_17.html

No comments:

Post a Comment