Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Strive for Excellence

What a great reminder for all of us with a tendency to seek perfection. Unless you're a brain surgeon or someone who really does need perfection in their work, you can let this compulsion go. You are human and the only person probably expecting you to be perfect is you. Excellence, on the other hand, is more attainable and realistic.

This was today's Real Simple quote of the day (they have a free email newsletter with a daily quote and no, I'm not affiliated with them in any way except that I am a subscriber). I felt like it spoke to me so I made a Paint image out of it and decided to share it with you. I'd love to hear about how you deal with a desire for perfectionism. May God bless you and help you wherever you struggle.

PS For anyone who might not be able to see the quote in the image, here it is: "Striving for excellence motivates you; striving for perfection is demoralizing." - Harriet Braiker.

No comments:

Post a Comment