Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Sea Lion Feeding Photos: Wild Wednesday

The Smithsonian National Zoo's American Trail opened over Labor Day weekend and now visitors can enjoy seeing their sea lion feedings. I recently did just that and I hope you enjoy my photos.

There are two pelicans in the sea lion exhibit. The first time I saw them they were on the rocks and stayed so still I thought they were statues.

 Sea lion keeper/trainer does a tail check on her sea lion.

Sea lion keeper/trainer feeding a seal lion.


Here's the sign at the top of the new American Trail at the National Zoo (by the elephants). I think there's a sign at the bottom entrance too (near the lemurs and turtle waterfall; the zoo is located on a giant hill so I tend to reference locations based on the hill).

If you enjoyed these photos you'll love my baby cheetah and other zoo photo blog posts too. You can check them out here.

May God bless you, dear reader!

2 comments:

  1. It's always a treat to see the animals getting feed. Glad you were there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're absolutely right Pam! It was a treat and I'm thankful for the experience and your kind words :-)

      Delete