Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Music and Pleasant Sounds: Day 20 of 30 Days of Thanksgiving

Image by taliesin
 
“Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song.” Psalm 95:1-2 NIV

Today I'm focusing on being thankful for music and the beautiful sounds of our world. Music can be used to comfort, energize, uplift, inspire each other and worship God. 

It can be easy to focus on the unpleasantness  around us but life is better when we focus on the good and that includes sound. I encourage you to take a minute today to appreciate the positive sounds in  your life. Here are a few that I've noticed this morning: my husband's voice, hearing the words "I love you", purring cats, beautiful music, a light breeze blowing leaves around, birds singing and calling to one another, laughter, children playing happily together and my brother's voice. I'm sure that the list will grow throughout the day and I'm thankful for each of these blessings of sound. May God bless you!

What are your favorite sounds? 

No comments:

Post a Comment