Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Avoiding Misfortune and Snake Bites: Day 13 of 30 Days of Thanksgiving

"But now the Lord my God has given me rest on every side; there is neither adversary normisfortune." 1 Kings 5:4 (NASB)

Today I'm thankful that I didn't end up stepping on this 6-10' snake (I could see about 5 feet of the snake and his belly hadn't started to taper down at all so I think that less than half the snake was visible). I have no idea what kind of snake it was but we definitely surprised each other (If you know what kind of snake this is, please let me know). Thankfully, even though I almost stepped on it, it just stayed still and let me back away. I went to find my husband but by the time we returned the snake was gone. 

This made me wonder, if I could almost step on a giant snake because I'm so busy looking at leaves and flowers, how many other misfortunes have I unknowingly avoided? I have no idea, but I've decided to be thankful and dedicate today to praying for those who are suffering serious misfortunes. Please join me in praying for the homeless, jobless, seriously ill, enslaved and other suffering people. May the God of all peace strengthen them, provide for their needs and bless them, and may God bless you, too, dear reader!

Note: It was determined to be an Eastern Ratsnake, the largest of snakes common to Maryland.

1 comment:

  1. God is good! I was really surprised. Thankfully, I didn't faint or scream but I did go find my husband :)

    ReplyDelete